Our goal is that each child is safe and secure while in each class. The teachers follow an Elder-approved Bible-based curriculum along with safety policies to ensure effective teaching and the child’s safety.
Each class utilizes a curriculum called “Generations of Grace” developed by Grace Community Church. This curriculum was developed in 2005 and today, Generations of Grace is being used by over 2,200 churches, missionaries, and home schools around the globe.
Generations of Grace is designed to magnify God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture. We can better understand who He is and how we are to respond to Him by studying how His redemptive plan has unfolded and how He has used men to accomplish His purposes. Over a three-year period, this curriculum covers the entire narrative of God's redemptive plan.
This unique curriculum is:
- Biblically Driven—covering the Old Testament historical books, the life of Christ, the birth and growth of the church, and lessons from the book of Revelation.
- God-Centered—magnifying God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture.
- Christ Exalting—glorifying Christ as the pinnacle of God’s redemptive plan
- Gospel Saturated—pointing children to Christ as the only way of salvation
- Family Focused—uniting the family around the same passage of Scripture each Sunday and throughout the week
Over the nine-year period a child spends between three years old and sixth grade, Generations of Grace will lead that child through God's redemptive plan three times, each at a deeper level.
Generations of Grace is set up as a “unified curriculum” for this very reason. Every week, children in each age range learn from the same passage of Scripture in a way that is appropriate for their respective age levels. A unified curriculum enables families to discuss one passage together each week, reinforcing the lesson that children have learned in Sunday School.
We are highly committed to your child's safety here at Lakeshore City Church. To ensure your child's safety our teachers follow strict procedures that are outlined in our safety policy. If you would like to view our safety policy please contact our Family Pastor, Larry Melim at Larry@lakeshorecitychurch.com.